What is teams?
Teams is a movement for married couples. Typically a Team is a group of 4-6 couples who make a commitment to meet monthly over a simple meal to reflect on and share their life experiences and to deepen the shared spirituality of the couple. Teams is a world-wide Movement associated with the Catholic Church and exists in 92 countries and all continents.
The Teams Movement, known internationally as Equipes Notre Dame, began in 1939 in Paris. It is now one of the largest lay movements in the Catholic Church.
What Teams members have said about belonging:
- “Teams has enriched our marriage, faith and spirituality”
- “We enjoy sharing our lives with other people and hearing from them”
- “It is an important thing we do as a couple”
- “Our Team has become a trusted small community. It is almost like another family”
- “We learnt a lot from the other couples ”
- “Sharing our story in a small group of couples who make a commitment to meet every month for a meal, listen to each other and support our spiritual journey is a truly enriching experience”
- “It’s not all serious. We get a lot of fun and pleasure from each other’s company as we’ve grown in trust and friendship”
Oceania Info (PDF)
‘Together, in Christ, towards love, happiness and holiness…’
The Teams movement recognises that all Christians are called as individuals to live a selfless life and be constantly open to love. By regularly administering to one another through the gift of non-judgemental listening and openness, we become more tolerant and understanding of others, and more aware of the spiritual dimension in every person.
By sharing our struggles, joys and discoveries, we promote understanding and trust. This adds depth to the relationships of couples, and between couples and the wider community. A real community emerges when faith, love and trust are gradually built up between people.
Within Teams, couples help each other to follow Christ more fully and aim to put their love at His service.
Married couples of All Ages
A chance to Discover
A Time to Share
A Moment to Listen